We take every step possible to safeguard the privacy of our website visitors. We will only collect and use personal data in ways that are consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law and we set out below the ways in which we store and use personal data. Please read the following Policy carefully and ensure that you understand it.
In this Policy, when we refer to “you”, we are referring to you, as the person or entity accessing, viewing and/or using the website.
1. Who We Are & Our Contact Details
Where Hemp By Nature collects and processes your personal data, it is the controller for the purposes of data protection laws including the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) and the Data Protection 2018 (“the Act”) and / or any applicable legislation adopted by the United Kingdom post the United Kingdom ceasing to be a Member State of the European Union (“Data Protection Legislation”).
If you need to contact us for any reason regarding this Policy, including the collection and / or use of your personal data, or as otherwise indicated in any section of this Policy, our contact details are:
- Hemp By Nature, 33 George Raymond Road, Eastleigh, SO50 5SZ; or
If you are unhappy with how we handle your personal information you can:
- submit a complaint in writing for the attention of The Partners, Hemp By Nature, 33 George Raymond Road, Eastleigh, SO50 5SZ; and/or
- notify the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by calling their helpline on: 0303 123 1113.
2. What Personal Information do we collect?
Information given by you
We collect information you give us when you register or log in to the website, complete forms on the website or searches, place orders, report problems or contact us by e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, username, credit card or other payment information.
Information we collect about you
When you visit the website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information (e.g. your Internet Protocol (IP) address, log in information, browser type and version, time zone and setting, browser plug in types and version, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full URL and the pages and products you viewed during your visit, any search terms entered on our website, length of time spent on each page, the city and country you accessed our website from, page response times, download errors;
- Details of goods purchased by you from the Website;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or telephone call.
Information collected when you sign up to receive newsletters and information from us
When you sign up to receive newsletters and marketing materials from us we will collect your name and email address.
Our legal grounds for processing your personal information are:
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract that we have with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (i.e. for your user account or ordering goods via our website);
- your consent, where you have agreed to us using your personal information;
- the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject; or
- the processing is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests or those of a third party, such as financial interests, operational and administrative interests, ensuring security, maintaining our relationship with you, marketing, optimising and understanding the use of our site, research and statistical analysis.
3. How do we use your personal data?
Any of your personal data that we collect may be used as follows:
- To administer your account with us and carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (legal basis: performance of our contract with you and legitimate interests).
- To process your orders and provide you with the products or services which you request through our website (legal basis: performance of our contract with you). If you do not wish to provide the personal information requested you may not be able to proceed with the account or the order.
- To keep records of purchases, sales or other transactions for the purpose of ensuring that the requisite payments and deliveries are made in respect of those transactions (legal basis: performance of contract with you).
- To understand what advertising and information is relevant to you by analysing your visit history and providing you with information about goods or services or changes to our good and services that may interest you (legal basis: consent).
- To identify visitors to our website (legal basis: consent).
- To administer and improve our website as we want our website to be the best it can be (legal basis: consent).
- To improve customer service (legal basis: consent).
- To personalise your experience (legal basis: consent).
- To audit data downloading from our website (legal basis: consent);To administer a contest, promotion, survey, research or other site feature (legal basis: consent);
- To display products to you that might be of interest while you are using the internet (via Google/Facebook). (This will be based on your consent to marketing or your acceptance of cookies on our websites. See our Cookies Policy.)
- To provide you with information about goods and services (legal basis: consent where we contact you be electronic means (SMS; email) and our legitimate interests for non-electronic forms of communication); and
- To send you newsletters (legal basis: consent where we contact you be electronic means (SMS; email) and our legitimate interests for non-electronic forms of communication).
You may have a legal right to ask us to delete or destroy your information. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Sharing your personal information
We contract with third party service providers and suppliers. We may share your personal data with the following parties, for the purposes noted below:
- delivery service providers, which are currently Royal Mail and Hermes;
- our review gathering tool, Trustpilot;
- when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, we may disclose information about you to law enforcement officials in the investigation of any alleged unlawful activities by you. We may also be required to disclose information to a court or regulatory body when required to do so by law.
- regulators, government departments, law enforcement authorities, and tax authorities;
- any relevant dispute resolution body or the courts; and
- persons in connection with any sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, reorganisation or similar change in our business;
Except as provided above, we will not share your personal information with any other third parties without informing you beforehand. We will not sell, trade or lease your personal information to others.
5. Where we store your personal data
Your personal data will usually be stored inside the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA). However, we may transfer data outside the UK or EEA where our service providers host, process or store data outside the UK or EEA. Where we do this, we will ensure that the transfer is to a country covered by the decision of the European Commission or is otherwise made in circumstances where we have put appropriate safeguards in place to protect your date in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
6. How we protect your personal data
We use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to your personal data. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Your account is password-protected for your security and we accordingly advise that you maintain the privacy of your password. Furthermore it is recommended that you occasionally change your password to maintain this level of security.
7. Third party links
8. Your rights
You have the following rights in respect of the information we process about you:
- the right to access information held about you by making a subject access request in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. We may charge a reasonable fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive;
- the right to request us to update / amend personal information concerning you which is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request us to erase personal information concerning you (in certain conditions as set out in the Data Protection Legislation);
- the right to object to the processing of your information by us as well as the right to request us to restrict the extent to which we process your personal information (both in certain conditions as set out in the Data Protection Legislation);
- the right to data portability (in certain conditions out in the Data Protection Legislation);
- the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (at the time of collecting information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information or at any time by contacting us;
- the right to know about any automated decision-making or profiling;
- where you have provided your consent to us for us to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent by informing us; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK.
The above rights may be exercised in accordance with data protection law.
9. Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Legislation. To do this, simply contact us at email@example.com. Should we be prevented from disclosing your personal information, reasons will be given for the refusal. We may also request that you provide further information and identification to enable your request to be processed.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. and we will correct any information found to be incorrect. You can find detailed information about your rights under the Data Protection legislation on the UK Information Commissioner’s website: http://www.ico.org.uk/.
10. Retention Periods
We will not hold your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purposes outlined above unless we are required to keep your personal data to comply with the law and any regulatory requirement.
A cookie is a small amount of data generated by a website which is saved by your web browser. This information enables the web server to identify and track the web browser on subsequent visits to the website. Session cookies keep track of your navigation of the website and persistent cookies enable our website to recognise you when you re-visit the website. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your web browser while persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until they are deleted or until they reach an expiry date.
Web browsers will allow you to reject some or all cookies however blocking all cookies may, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including the Hemp By Nature website.
You can find out more about cookies and their uses here:
We keep this Policy under regular review and update it by posting the new version on our website. Where appropriate we will notify you by email or by notification on the website. Please review this policy for such changes to ensure you are happy with any amendments.
This Policy was updated on 13th August 2018.
Hemp By Nature
33 George Raymond Road
Phone: 02381 846914
Outside UK: +44 2381 846914
VAT Registration No. N/A